Monday, July 20, 2009

overwhelmed

In preparation for my trip to the Philippines in two weeks, I started collecting baby clothes at church. I made little flyers, had an announcement placed in the church bulletin, made a cute little sign, and camped out at the information booth for last three Sundays. I wasn't sure what type of a response I'd get...after all, our church just finished a huge drive for baby clothes for the new pediatric hospital we built in Malawi.

God had a surprise for me. I now have 8 supersize garbage bags FULL of baby clothes in my garage. This is a case of the nets being too full! God is so good. I'm excited to begin sorting through the clothes and putting little sets together to hand out to new moms who need the clothes. I was also given 50 baby quilts from a ladies group at church, quilts that are all hand-made with love.

There are times in life when we get so caught up in the routine of life that we forget how blessed we are to be able to serve such an amazing God with our whole lives. To live for a purpose greater than two feet in front of me is a perspective I often forget to hold. Then there are times when we take a step back and are absolutely awed that God has included us in His giant plan. Me. little measly me. These are the moments I cling to...the big picture. It's not about me. It never was.

Take my life and I will be ever, only, all for thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment