Friday, July 9, 2010

Discouragement and Trust

I'm not gonna lie. There are times when I get very discouraged during this whole fundraising process. It seems like it's all about the money. If I just had 100% support, then I could board a plane in a matter of weeks and be where I want to be right now. I have about 25% of my monthly budget raised, but that means I still have 75% to go.

Right now, all signs seem to point to a December departure: a vehicle is likely available for 1/2 the cost of what I was expecting to pay but only if I get there in December, my lease is up where I'm living now in December, and my airline frequent flyer status expires (which allows an additional 40lbs of luggage). But a December departure means I have to 100% of my monthly support in November. That's less than 5 little months to raise about $2000 of monthly support!

However, I know that this time of deputation is about more than just money; it's about trusting and believing God. Period. If I can't trust Him now, when all my needs are being met, how in the world is it going to work when I'm on the field and thousands of miles away from those who are partnering with this ministry?

My prayer for this season of life is to become like Paul as he wrote to the Philippian church: "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Phil 4:11-13, NKJV).

If you think of it, please pray for trust in my heart that God will bring the necessary growth and funds to get me to the field in His timing, not my own.

1 comment:

  1. "Trust in the Lord with all your hreat, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, ahd He shall direct your path"
    Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
    Pami, Being discouraged can hinder the bravest of hearts and the strongest of God's children. I have learned, as I am sure that you have too, that our faith in God is what God desires out of His kids. God tells us that if we have faith of a mustard seed, we can move mountains and I see a mountain in front of you.
    You have my monthly support, that goes without question. God has blessed me so I can bless others and as long as God continues to bless me I will continually give to you to supply what's lacking. I mean it's sad that money has to be an issue but that's the times we live in. Out side of Christ money is what people try to obtain the most and they can't see the big picture, and even those in Christ have a hard time letting go of their riches. But In Christ Jesus we can do all things.
    Be endcouraged my sister, your redemption near. In Hebrews 11 (The Hall of Fame of Faith) we see what all those great Godly men obtained 'BY FAITH'. You don't need me to tell you to have faith in the God of all creation but I'm going to tell you anyways. You see we don't put our faith in nothing at all but we put our faith in the God who, by His spoken word, created this earth and everything we see, touch, and smell. If you, and I know you do, believe that "In the beginning God created", you can believe had have faith in the One who created all things. God is still a creative God and He can create ways for us to do His will. I know that's your hearts desire to do the will of God...
    You see before my transplant I worked in the power industry and made fairly good money. Within a month, I went to msking a fair wage to making less than half of that. God used this to increast my faith, hope and trust in Him, even to this day. So you could almost say I totally undrstand what your dealing with....
    Now may the grace and peace of God fill your heart as you see that God is in control and as you watch His mighty hand move in all this.
    In Jesus Christ most Holy Name,
    theleach

    ReplyDelete