Friday, January 6, 2012

Update on Neni

A number of folks have asked me about Neni...

Please be praying. She missed her last prenatal appointment for December 30th and there is no way for me to get in touch with her to encourage her to come back. It's not all that uncommon for women to miss scheduled visits over the holidays, because many go back to their provinces.

Please pray that Neni will come for a prenatal check soon and that her heart will continue to soften and grow.

In other news, I arrived at Shalom this morning for prenatals and saw a familiar face smiling proudly up at me from a cot on the floor. Marivic, a gal I scanned twice for a large for gestational age (LGA) baby, had given birth to a healthy baby boy! She beamed as she pulled back his blanket for me to get a closer look at his little face while he peacefully slept by her side. I wish I had had my camera with me! I squatted by her side and appropriately oohed and aahed over her little one. Such sweet times.

It's been a busy week for us. Over 70 new patients came for the first time this week...mostly because who wants to get started with OB care during the holidays. But still, SEVENTY! We ain't slowing down anytime soon, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment