Friday, May 4, 2012

How to Ultrasound, Pami Style

Now that the beautiful ultrasound machine is up and running, I'd thought I'd give you a pictorial of how I roll.
I'm so blessed to get to be the first person to use the new building! They finished this basement room early so I could have a place to do ultrasounds and house all our records (thousands of them!!)

Makeshift exam bed. Please notice the lovely privacy curtains that I designed, bought fabric for (including netting), and had made. :)

Gooping up the belly

Such an amazingly clear picture!! (baby's head is to left, rump to right)


Next purchase is a small monitor so the mama doesn't have to crick her neck to see!

Showing the mama her baby

going over results

Documenting results on her prenatal record

I always close in prayer...

...thanking God for the mama, her new baby, and for wisdom as we care for her

Afterwards at midmorning break, we sit around and discuss life and interesting patients

The end.

2 comments:

  1. How cool. Thanks for sharing this Pami. God bless your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More missionaries and midwives should do photo blog posts like this. I feel like I was there! Well done Pami!

    ReplyDelete