Saturday, May 14, 2011

a cheap laugh


When I first arrived in Davao, the motel I stayed in had a flooded street. The only way out was to walk up a hill and catch a cab. There were no shops or restaurants in this direction and there was no way I was going to walk through calf deep, nasty, putrid water to get some Adobo and rice. So, I took advantage of McDonald's delivery. For under a buck delivery charge, McDonald's will deliver any order, large or small, straight to my motel door.

After ordering my quarter pounder with cheese value meal, the lady on the phone warned me that the order may take 30-40 minutes to be delivered so the fries may not be fresh....then promptly asked if I wanted to add a caramel sundae to my order. So if I don't mind slightly cool fries, I guess I don't mind melted ice cream?

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment