Saturday, September 3, 2011

Visitor!


Today was a big day for multiple reasons:

1.) I spent 5 hours sitting in bumper to bumper traffic that I will never get back

2.) I FINALLY cleaned my office/guestroom and it's mostly organized and functioning. I FINALLY took the empty boxes up to the garbage to get carted away. I FINALLY assembled/spliced/put together light bulbs in all my closets and cabinets to keep away mold.

3.) and best of all, I picked up a sweet friend from the airport who will be staying with me for the next month. Joy (her blog here) is a single American RN and a CPM (nurse and midwife) who is working and living in Davao. Joy and I connected during my trip to Davao last May and I am so excited to have her staying with me. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have another single missionary to talk, laugh, vent, and maybe even cry with. There are things that we single gals go through, especially on the mission field, that only another single gal can possibly understand.

<---Joy & I at an outreach in Davao last May

On the ride home, Joy and I were both commenting how much we need this. Joy has come out of an especially stressful season and is looking forward to the break from the routine. She is here primarily to work with Dr Scott, the missionary doctor I've mentioned before...but she's also here for some time away to focus more on her walk with God. I know I could certainly use some more intentional times in the Word.

So why did I spend 5 hours in traffic? Manila Water brilliantly decided to tear up the ONLY road out to our area and leave just 1 lane of traffic for each direction...during rainy season, of course, which means they can only work on it for a few hours a day. Like I said, brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment