Friday, November 4, 2011

M is for Makulit

I had an interesting conversation with a 31 year-old G3 P2 this morning. As we discussed her due date, she asked, "Am I really due in February?"

"Yes." I confirmed. "February 27."

"But the baby could be born in March, right?" she asked.

"Well, yes. It usually comes anytime two weeks before or after the due date," I replied.

"Ok. I hope it's March." At this point, I must have had a puzzled expression on my face because she gave me an exasperated look and said, "Because babies born in February are all makulit!" (Makulit means mischievous, into everything, and generally creating mayhem.)

Before I could stop myself, I gave a little laugh and then asked why she thought that. "Everyone knows that! All the children I know who have been born in February have been makulit."

Huh. Learn something new every day.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment