Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A good reminder

Two dear friends took me to Disneyland today for a final farewell and to build some lasting memories. While we were there, I got to do something I can't remember doing (though I'm sure I did as a kid)...see Great Moments for Mr. Lincoln. A wonderfully patriotic and God-glorifying presentation. During the following quote from Mr. Lincoln, I started to get choked up as I realized these words were so very true for me.

"I know there is a God, and that He hates injustice and slavery. I see the storm coming. I know His hand is in it. If He has a place, work for me, and I think He has; I believe I'm ready. I have nothing, but truth is everything. And with God's help, I shall not fail."

It is true. God has work for me and I believe I am ready. I really have nothing but Him to accomplish what He has set before me. And with God's help, along your prayers and encouragement, I shall not fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment