Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where is the Love?

Today was a very special day as I was commissioned by Family Heritage Church in La Quinta, CA. At the end of a "loving" service, I was handed a gift bag FULL of cards written by all the kids in the Sunday School classes as well as cards from many of the adults in the church. It was hilarious reading the wonderful cards by the kids, especially! I was told to minister well in Brazil, was addressed as Mr. Ellis, and most every kid spelled the Philippines as "Phillippians." I love the latter as it shows the kids know their Bible! I had the reverse problem as a kid and kept spelling the epistle like the country. :)Yesterday, my dear friends threw a fabulous going-away party for me. So, where is the love? It is bursting, overflowing from my heart. I am so grateful and amazed at the incredible love and support everyone is showing me. Seriously, any doubts or questioning of God's timing in this new journey can be fully laid to rest! He has provided for me over and over. From 100% monthly support, a vehicle and housing in Manila, a buyer for my car here, and providing incredible learning opportunities when I first arrive, God has showed me over and over that He is truly taking care of ALL of my needs. Even my need for love and encouragement. I am saving most of the cards I have gotten so far to open once I am there. When I'm having a down or "blah" day, I will open a card and remember the dear love and support of all of you back here.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment