Saturday, December 11, 2010

com·mis·sion

- the act of committing or giving in charge.
-
an authoritative order, charge, or direction.
-
authority granted for a particular action or function.
-
a group of persons authoritatively charged with particular functions
-
a task or matter committed to one's charge; official assignment

This weekend is my commissioning service at church, a time when I am introduced to the church body as a missionary, prayed for, dedicated, and sent forth. It's pretty exciting to think that this is actually happening, I am actually going to go back to the Philippines to work among a people I love, all for the sake of the Gospel.

Please pray for me as it happens, 5 o'clock tonight, and 4 times tomorrow morning. The actually laying of hands and praying will be at 11:30 tomorrow morning. I will try to post a video of it so those far and wide can watch. :)

Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment