Saturday, December 18, 2010

A week away!

It's Saturday...I didn't forget. Time for another blog update. :)

My commissioning service was wonderful and meaningful. I had a few moments to share about what I'll be doing, followed by a verbal affirmation of "going forth" and the congregation's reply of a promise to pray and support me. Sherry Coats, the wonderful missions pastor then prayed for me as various members laid hands on me. Daunting, perplexing, exciting, and everything in between. It's a big responsibility...and yet it's one that every follower of Christ has. It's not just me and my special commissioning service. We are ALL commissioned to share the joy and hope we know.

Secondly, I am now at 88.23%!!! This is so close! To be at 100% I need an additional 16 financial partners at $25 a month. Or 8 folks at $50. Pray pray pray!

I am needing to be out of the house I've lived in for the last 18 months by Dec 30. This means that with the exception of what I am taking with me on the plane and a few winter clothes, everything has to be put in storage, given away, or shipped to Manila. That's ALOT to do in just two short weeks and it's daunting. (Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of moving?) I would love your prayers for graciousness, wisdom, and a clear mind while I make this move. I am so grateful for some incredible friends who have offered me their spare bedroom until I get all my funding in to leave for the field.

Have a wonderful week-before-Christmas! I hope you get all those last minute gifts without too much stress, can enjoy some Christmas music, but most of all, enjoy the ONLY reason for the season.

"I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment