Saturday, January 8, 2011

A time to pause

Even though I already posted twice this week (a record?), it's still Saturday and time for another post.

It seems like God is wanting me to pause and rest before my big move...thanks to a little pneumonia and horrid cold. Armed with antibiotics, great cough syrup, and mandatory leave from work, I'm trying to make the most of this opportunity to reflect, spend some time in solitude, sleep, and of course make a dent in my ever growing "urgent, send thanks!" list.

In some ways I feel like a 747 jet waiting on the runway for the "go" signal. I'm waiting for the 100% before I fire up the engines to take off. There's that little bit of apprehension that every pilot feels...is the plane going to make the lift-off, overcoming the gravity that pulls it down? Is everything really going to get done for me to be able to take off? I know it will, but it's still a daunting thought!

These next couple of days will pass by quickly...my parents are in the US to move my Gramma to a higher level of care. (At 95, her memory and ability to care for herself is fading.) Tomorrow we will make a trip to the happiest place on earth, courtesy of some wonderful Christmas gifts. (Pray my body holds up for it!) My folks, middle brother Peter and his family, and I will traverse the magical Mouse House for some family memories. Though we're sorely going to miss my oldest brother who is out of town for training. :(

Enough rambling (blame the drugs), some prayer requests:
- that I'll get over this nasty bug and that YOU don't get it
- that my boxes that are enroute to Manila will make it back into my hands safe and sound
- for all my legal documents to be located so I can get the visa I need in the Philippines
- for a safe trip back to Manila for my parentals (they leave on Tuesday)
- and of course, for that last bit of support to come in

Thanks for reading this very rambling post!

No comments:

Post a Comment