Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More planning

ACTION's founder and former international director, Doug Nichols traveled to the Philippines as soon as he could after he heard about the devastating flooding. One thing he saw over and over again was that in spite of the loss and joy, the pastors and local church members were genuinely considering it pure joy with the trials they were facing (Jas. 1). They were and continue to be greatful and sacrificial, exhibiting the mind of Christ. So today Doug arranged for a praise service for these pastors. It included a time of worship, a message of encouragement by Doug, a time for testimony, and future planning. Praise God for a time that truly made His name glorious!

I also attended this meeting in order to connect with the pastors, pass out medications for them (multivitamins and anti-diarrheal), and continue to coordinate the clinics. Praise God! I now have 10 clinics planned and set-up! The need is great, and we can surely do more, but our funds are limited to 10 as of now. Please pray that more funds will come in so that we can fill up next Thursday and Friday with clinics as well. Praise God for amazing doctors volunteering their time to help with these clinics as well. I am truly blessed!

One thing that I have noticed is that God gives us only enough grace, strength, and stamina to make our next step: no more, no less. To give us more would give us a false sense of security and make us lose our dependence on Him. When I am tired, He gives me strength. When I am overwhelmed, He gives me peace. When I am frustrated, He gives me grace and patience. BUT - I first have to ask Him for it.

Again, I thank you for your prayers. I am certain I would not be here without them. And be encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. Pami,
    You don't know me, but if you are hanging out with Doug, I know you are in the thick of things and the enemy is not happy. Doug sort of has a way of getting people out of their comfort zones and into the place where God can most use them. Tell him "Hello" from me.
    God does have an amazing way of giving us exactly what we need and can handle- through His power. I often feel so inadequate to do all that is on my plate, or could be on my plate, but He knows what is best and He equips us to do what He calls us to do.
    You are in the perfect place to watch Him work in and through you and we will pray that you keep your spiritual armor on.

    In true Doug form, "Let me leave you with this encouragement. And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus".

    May the Lord bless you are you are spending yourself for His purposes.

    ReplyDelete