Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Favorite Starbucks in the World!

While I was waiting for my passport to get stamped with the amended visa on Monday, I sat in my favorite Starbucks in the world....and I've been to them all over the world. I've even been to the busiest Starbucks in the US, which is on the southbound I5 just north of the Grapevine in SoCal. But this one is by far the most unique!Immigrations is located inside the old walled city of Manila, founded by the Spaniards in the late 1500s. Just across the street, located inside the wall, is this Starbucks. It used to be a entry/exit roadway for horse-drawn carriages, then was sealed off and became barracks for soldiers. And now it's a delightful Starbucks! It's a wonderful haven to sit and have a mocha while waiting for my passport to be processed. Outside it's chaos, noise, stress, and confusion. Inside it's familiar, peaceful, hip, and relaxed.

Below is a picture of Intramuros from the late 1800s when it was still a fort
<3

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! I know this Starbucks well! I agree, it's the most unusual that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete