Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Walk Among the Rice Fields


Earlier this week was ACTION's annual field conference. A time I usually dreaded as a kid. It's a gathering of all the ACTION missionaries for a little R&R, as well a spiritual enrichment. I hated it. There were three boys who were one year older than me who loved to use this time to torment and tease me mercilessly while the adults were in meetings. But I whine and I digress. All that to say, I had mixed feelings about this mandatory trip...

This conference was VASTLY different. It was wonderful to attend as an adult and be refreshed and renewed...even though I've only been here for a month. I loved reconnecting with several familiar faces from my childhood, but on a completely different level. I'm excited to work with this great bunch of people. The highlight was an afternoon walk among the rice fields with a couple other families. What started out as a paved road among some houses, quickly became a dirt path, then a tiny pathway in between rice fields. Stunning. Here are some pictures - enjoy!

Rice drying on the road in front of neighborhood store
Wash day!

Beautiful river of life for these people

simple living

Working in the fields

Why hello, Mr Kalabaw!

Just a man and his field

the beautiful paddies and volcano

No comments:

Post a Comment